Fry Student Material Pick-up Wed. 5-20-20
Dear Fry Parent/Guardian,
As we near the end of the school year, we want to provide families with an opportunity to retrieve any belongings a student might have at school. Teachers are in the process of bagging and labeling student materials for parent/guardian curbside pick up next week.
On Wednesday, May 20th parents may drive to Fry to pick up their child(ren)’s classroom materials. If you cannot come on Wednesday, the alternate pick-up will be Friday, May 22nd from 9:00-10:00.
The schedule for pick up is as follows:
Student Last Name
Parents will need to drive to the school to maintain social distancing. Walk-ups will not be allowed.
In the interest of safety for you and for our staff, we ask that you follow these procedures when you arrive for your scheduled pick up time:
• Note that we will be using our AM/PM carline route, entering the parking lot from Grassmere, lining up on Tall Grass Dr.
• Create a sign (8 ½ x 11 paper size) with your student(s) last name in BOLD/ BIG print. Use a marker, not pencil/pen. Write the number of bags you are picking up and write student(s) first names underneath. One sign per family.
2 bags- Freddy
• Place the sign on the dashboard or front window, visible to staff.
• Be prepared to return library books, classroom books and textbooks. Students will keep their Chromebooks for next year. Chromebooks should ONLY be returned if they are not working or your family is leaving the district.
• Place all items in a plastic bag with your child’s name and class on the bag and put the bag(s) in your car’s trunk.
• Enter the carline on Tall Grass Drive heading North toward Grassmere.
• Once your car reaches the designated spot, please open the trunk and/or side door. DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE. A staff member will place your child’s items in your trunk and collect the items from your trunk that you are returning. Make sure your child’s name is on the bag for the items you are returning.
• Staff will not be going into the building to retrieve other items.
• If you have medication or medical supplies to pick-up from the school nurse, she will bring them to your car. Please write *NURSE* on your car tag and we will alert her while you are in line.
Thank you for reading and following these procedures! We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday!