PTA Announcements 10-2-17
PTA Announcements for 10/2
Welcome to Foxtober!!!
Foxtober kicks off this week and the theme is Kind Foxes.
** More Foxtober information will be sent in a separate email later this week. And is posted on the Fry PTA Facebook page**
Walk to School Day
Is this Wednesday, October 4! Walk to School Day brings together students, families, school and community partners, and elected officials across the country to celebrate the benefits of walking to school. There will be fire and police officers on hand as well as Mayor Chirico and of course Freddy!
There will also be a Foxtacle Fudraiser volunteers on hand so you can pre-order your tshirts! Cash or Check only please.
Family Bingo Night
-Family Bing Night will be held October 11th from 6:30-8pm in the Fry Elementary Gym. We have some great prizes for the kids! Bingo cards cost $2 per card and you may purchase up to 2 cards per person. Cash only please. Exact change is GREATLY appreciated! Doors open at 6:10pm. If you would like to volunteer during a shift please sign up through the link below. You do not need to RSVP to this event.
Top 5 Reasons to Participate in Reflections
1) UNLEASH YOUR CREATIVITY: Participating will give you the chance to express yourself. You might be surprised at just how much fun you have with your words, pictures, music, dance or film entry.
2) CHANCE TO REPRESENT YOUR SCHOOL: Imagine representing your school. You will fee a sense of pride and accomplishment that is unmatched.
3) CHANCE TO WIN: If your entry is selected, it moves from the school level to district, regional, state and national levels. A certificate is presented at every level.
4) BREAKFAST WITH MRS. HILLMAN: All participants will have breakfast with the Principal, Mrs. Hillman. You can shake hands with Freddy too.
5) RECOGNITION AND AWARDS: We want all participants to know that we appreciate their effort for participating. All participants will get a PTA Reflections ribbon.
The theme for the 2016-2017 school year is Within Reach. Create original works of art in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts that reflect on this theme. There is also a Special Artists category for Special Needs students.
All of the PTA Reflections Entry Rules and Entry Forms can be downloaded through the PTA link on the Fry website. Please submit your entries to the main office by October 25, 2017.
Last call for any students interested in entering the cover contest for the directory. The design can be anything related to the school, it just needs to be on an 8 1/2 x 11 white piece of paper drawn in black pen only, have the students name and class written on it, and submitted to the front office by October 2nd. 1 winner will be picked for the cover, and we'll try to incorporate all other artwork submitted into the directory
10/4: Walk to School Day
10/11-Family Bingo Night-6:30 p.m.
10/16-10/27- Coat Drive Collection
10/20- PTA meeting-9:30-Stem Lab (164)
10/20-All Pro Dad’s-8:00-9:15 a.m.-Multi Purpose Room
10/27- Foxtacle Fundraiser
11/17- All Pro Dad’s-8:00-9:15-Multi Purpose Room
11/17- PTA meeting-9:30-Stem Lab (164)